IN SYMPATHY - Death of Co-founder Geraldine Smith Jones
The entire Norwayne Alumni Association mourns the loss of our Co-Founder, Mrs. Geraldine Smith Jones.
Mrs. Geraldine Smith Jones, co-founder of the Norwayne Alumni & Friends, Inc, Ms. Norwayne Alumni (Ms. Queen), Class of 1960 and Lifetime Member of Norwayne Alumni & Friends, Inc., passed on Monday morning, October 20th, 2014 at Kitty Askins Hospice Center, Goldsboro, N.C.
She is survived by her husband, Mr. Devone Jones and three children, Barbara, Ray & Tony, who are all Norwayne Alumni Lifetime Members.
She is also survived by her Mother, Mrs. Lula Smith; siblings Willie Smith, Chester Smith, Freddie Smith, Herlene S. Lewis and Bernice S. Reece (all Norwayne Alumni Lifetime members), Albert Smith and Benjamin Smith.
The visitation will be held Friday, October 24, 2014 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm. The family will be present from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm. at First Baptist Church, 410 S. Goldsboro Street, Fremont, N.C. 27830.
The Celebration of her life and legacy will be held Saturday, October 25th, 2014 at 11:00 am at St. James Church of Christ, 514 Memorial Church Road, Fremont, N.C. 27830.
Interment will be at Elmwood Cemetery, 303 E. North Street, Fremont, N,C
Sympathy cards and flowers may be sent to Mr. Devon Jones, P.O. Box 512, 109 Balance Road, Fremont, N.C. 27830 or posted to the funeral home website at:
Norwayne Alumni website is FACEBOOK Connected!
I have great news today for our classmates on Facebook! You can now do all of the things you can do on our class web site from inside Facebook. It's called Class Connection, and you'll find it's very simple to join and use. Follow these 3 quick steps to get connected:
- Log into our Norwayne Alumni web site at www.norwaynealumnifremontnc,com
- Click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions in the left navigation bar.
- On the Class Connection Join Screen click the blue "Join Class" button and accept the app permissions.
That's it - you're Facebook connected!
There are some exciting new features available here such as the ability to send your Notify Me notices to the Facebook notification globe. You can use the Easy Invite tool to help us find missing classmates and invite them to join our class. Class Connection also provides a Visit Another Class feature that allows you to browse around other classes.
Here's a few important things you should know:
- Everything you do on Class Connection is mirrored on our class web site. Everything you do on our class web site is mirrored on Class Connection. I.E. they work as one. Class Connection is just a convenient method of participating with our class from the Facebook environment.
- Class Connection is 100% as private and secure as our class web site. No personal/private data whatsoever is shared with Facebook.
- Your Profile privacy settings are honored on Class Connection. Only the people who you're already permitted to view your Profile are the same people who can view your Profile using Class Connection. Click Edit Profile if you wish to review these settings.
TIP: For quick access to Class Connection add to Facebook Favorites. See example here: http://www.classconnection.com/assets/images/favorites.jpg
I hope you enjoy this new Facebook connection for our Norwayne Alumni website!