Norwayne Alumni Homecoming Weekend 2016
Greetings Alumni Members and Friends,
We feel the excitement in the air...for our 44th Homecoming Weekend Reunion
Celebration, which will begin Thursday, September 1 is rapidly approaching.
Thank you for the responses we have received so far to our recent mailing, this is a big
help for us to prepare for the weekend.
As an addition to our communication network, be on the lookout for our first
Newsletter The Lion’s Gazette, (Editor Tamara Day) should be in your email soon, hot off the press.
The following is a quick recap of the homecoming weekend activities with some additions since the mailing:
1. The annual banquet and dance will be held at the same location as in the past, at the
Dillard - Goldsboro-Alumni Cultural Center, 801 Popular Street, Goldsboro, NC.
Note: It is imperative you let us know if you plan to attend the banquet by August 15th so we will know how many people to accommodate.
2. Membership - We are pleased to announce that we are international in membership in
that now we have members in Swaziland Southern Africa and Singapore.
You should also be aware our membership has expanded in other ways as well. “ The Norwayne Alumni and Friends, Inc. Is also a member of the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce.
In regards to membership applications for renewal, Life and Life Subscribing members - please update your contact information including address, email, phone number and other information on the form. We are in the process of updating our data base. Membership forms will be provided upon request.
Note: If you have moved since last year or have not received any written correspondence from the alumni, it is a good chance we may not have your correct mailing address.
3. Activity Form: We need everyone who plan to participate in any of the activities to complete this form so we can make the necessary arrangements for you and your guest(s). Note: Please return this form by August 15th and end Sunday, September 4th..
4. Donor Form: Please use this form if you plan to make a donation of any type to the Alumni. This will help us to enhance our record keeping process.
5. Homecoming Weekend Event Chart: This will provide you with a snap shot of the events planned for the Weekend by day. We heard you and as you see from the Event Chart that we have added some activities to expand our reach to the membership.
Keep in mind, an extra day of activities begins on Thursday.
6. A special dedication will be held Friday at 6 PM for the naming of “Norwayne Alumni Way” and the vestibule expansion, followed by a reception and our meet and greet time.
7. Our annual business meeting will be held Friday at 8 PM with briefings of what has been accomplished this past year and the committee reports along with the direction for next year. This will also be an opportunity for us to hear from each other.
8. A 5K Run/Walk has been added to the activities sponsored by Friends of the Alumni for Education. This will take place Saturday, September 3rd, at the MLK Park and this event will start at 7AM and end at 8:30 prior to theparade line-up. A pre-registration network will be available and is encouraged.
9. The parade line up will begin at 8:30 AM at MLK Park - Chestnut, Johnson,Vance Streets and the parade will begin promptly at 10 AM.
10. The Sunday message at 11 AM will be delivered by Shirley Artis Hawkins, Pastor Lindell Revival Center, Pikeville, NC.
As reminder, Please do not send cash or credit card information in the mail.
It is suggested, for the parade and outdoor concert you may want to bring a lawn chair for comfort.
We are looking forward to you joining us for our 44th Homecoming Weekend Celebration.
Do not forget the JH Carney Leadership nominations are due by August 15th
Thank you for your support and helping Norwayne Alumni Make a Difference !!!.
Points of contacts:
Larry 910.282.5005, Nona 919.242.6195, Joyce 919.242.6906, Tony 919.607.5873 or any
Executive Committee Member.